Adafruit is open, safely ... and shipping all orders at this time! Read more!

Vimeo webcast - off topic
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Vimeo webcast - off topic

by wwaldman on Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:08 pm

Sorry to be off topic - my question relates to the how-to of the web casts, not the content (but the content is cool too).

I'd like to know how the dual screens plus chat are recorded - what software is used to get that effect?

Can someone point me in the right direction?
I'd like to be able to do something similar for my school.

Thanks

wwaldman

Re: Vimeo webcast - off topic

by chankster on Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:19 am

"This is not my sig", it said. - I looked at it suspiciously; Who's sig was it, then?

chankster

by wwaldman on Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Thanks for the reply - I could see that they were using either WireCast, Producer or something similar.... My real question is do these software support the 3 frames at once: 2 cameras and the text chat stream. Pretty neat trick.

wwaldman

by george_graves on Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:04 am

Hello. The effects in the video are produced live with (I believe Ustream producer pro - or the like).

Then the show is screen captured form a custom HTML page that is set up for approximate widescreeen D1/DV video format (854 x 480 pixels). It has the video and chat embded side-by-side and tweaked a bit to make the final product. I then use some screen capture software to capture the video. That that screen capture is pumped into some video editing software where I put a overlay(created in photoshop) on top of the video to clean up the look of the raw recording(getting rid of some of the ustream interface stuff).

Then I usually pump the audio through a compressor/limiter to help the audio levels a bit - it smooths things out and makes it easier to listen to.

It's then up-converted to a 720P HD resolution for youtube/vimeo and encoded.

I hope to make a tutorial on it someday.

If you have any questions, or would like a show recorded, feel free to contact me at george.graves@gmail.com - I'm glad to help. It does take a bit of software to pull it off. I haven't found any free/open source tools that can pull it all together yet.

George Graves
New blog - www.digitalunderpants.com

george_graves

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.