Adafruit is open, safely ... and shipping all orders at this time! Read more!

NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 4.3" Diagonal PRODUCT ID
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 4.3" Diagonal PRODUCT ID

by sillywabbit on Wed May 28, 2014 12:40 pm

hello, I plan to buy this monitor for my raspi, but the picture of it connected to a pi looks different from the one on the parts needed page; I'm wondering what other parts I really need( besides the ac adapter), thanks

sillywabbit

Re: NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 4.3" Diagonal PRODUC

by michaelmeissner on Wed May 28, 2014 3:02 pm

You probably will need a cable with the appropriate RCA connector on each end (I believe you need a male pin on each end of the cable to plug into the female socket on the monitor and the female socket on the PI -- note, I don't remember whether the PI has a female or male socket).

Now, if you are a certain age, you probably have several of these cables, that you used to hook up TVs and VCRs (yellow is typically used for video). If you are a young whippersnapper, and only hook things up with HDMI/DVI, then you probably need to buy a cable like: https://www.adafruit.com/products/863, or pick one up at Radio Shack, Best Buy, Walmart, etc.

Now, assuming it is just a male/male connection, you could just get a RCA gender changer, instead of the cable. However, I assume you don't want to have the monitor immediately next to the PI, so you probably should think about a cable instead of gender changer.

michaelmeissner

Re: NTSC/PAL (Television) TFT Display - 4.3" Diagonal PRODUC

by sillywabbit on Wed May 28, 2014 3:36 pm

thanks, I figured I'd need a gender changer, but is that all?

sillywabbit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.