Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

multiple usb-audio-cards-with-a-raspberry-pi
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

multiple usb-audio-cards-with-a-raspberry-pi

by cberry84094 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:45 am

Reference "Lady Ada"s excellent tutorial on modifying a Raspberry Pi 2B to work with the USB Audio Adapter you supply: What changes would be needed if two (or more) audio adapters were to be connected to the same Pi 2B?

Many thanks!

cberry84094

Re: multiple usb-audio-cards-with-a-raspberry-pi

by adafruit2 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:05 pm

oh boy...it *might* be possible but you'd still have to select whcih audio output you want, you wouldnt get 2 working simultaneously - but we're mostly just guessing based on our experiences. no real idea :)

adafruit2
Site Admin

Re: multiple usb-audio-cards-with-a-raspberry-pi

by cberry84094 on Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:13 pm

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
This looks like an area that has not been a major concern to date.
I'll continue investigating this (the Raspberry PI 2 I ordered from you is due to arrive this coming week), and let you know what I find out.

The reason for the desire for more than two audio channels is for running a highly specific application called "jOrgan", which makes it possible to create a digital organ on a computer. Of course, keyboards and sound equipment are needed as well. However, I've noted discussions about using a PI as the basis for a home theater system, which might also involve multi-channel sound for 5.1 or7.1 audio.

Thanks again!

cberry84094

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.