USB and HDMI not working. Unit HOT

Our weekly LIVE video chat. Every Wednesday at 8pm ET!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Shrike2012

USB and HDMI not working. Unit HOT

Post by Shrike2012 »

Hi

I just received my Raspberry Pi yesterday (986764-4949657116‏). It booted initially to HDMI and the keyboard and mouse worked. The unit got very hot quickly so I disconnected and let cool. The unit still boots to login but the USB devices no longer seem to work so I cant login. I have changed keyboards and neither works.. The HDMI output is also unstable with time. I have tried different HDMI cables but still have the problem.. I shut the unit down and removed the SD card to try installing a different image.. The SD card was very hot.. The red light is on, starts bright, then goes dim. I replaced the image.. It boots then goes black and the light goes dim.. any help would be appreciated.

adafruit_support_rick

Re: USB and HDMI not working. Unit HOT

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

What kind of power supply are you using? Can you try a different one?

Shrike2012

Post by Shrike2012 »

I was using the default power supply that came with the starter kit.. I have tried others.. They seem to work better but the unit still gets very hot and goes black, and all lights go off after a while and it needs to be unplugged. The unit seemed unstable from the first boot.. Thanks.

Shrike2012

Post by Shrike2012 »

Actually... now I get nothing with any of the power supplies.. I dont get any lights either.

adafruit_support_rick

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread for a replacement Raspberry Pi

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Ask an Engineer! VIDEO CHAT (closed)”