Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Barometric Pressure Sensor DAQ interface Help
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Barometric Pressure Sensor DAQ interface Help

by mhoare on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Hello,

I am a mechanical engineering student with basic to no knowledge of electronics. I have a NI USB-6259 DAQ device (http://www.ni.com/datasheet/pdf/en/ds-21) and i need to measure barometric pressure with high precision (~ 1 hPa tolerance) I have looked over BMP180 and BMP280 devices and I have found that the communications interface is I2C and SPI which my DAQ device does not have. Is there any way I can connect BMP180 or BMP280 with my DAQ? Are there any high precision barometric pressure sensors with analogue output from adafruit?

Thank you in advance,
Morgan

mhoare

Re: Barometric Pressure Sensor DAQ interface Help

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:56 pm

Freescale makes a range of analog pressure sensors that should interface with your DAQ. I believe it is the MPXV series. The major suppliers such as Mouser & Digi-key should carry them.

adafruit_support_bill

by mhoare on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Thank you for your help Bill, I really appreciate it. I have looked over nxp (I think is freescale) sensors and I couldn't find analog output pressure sensors with the accuracy of BMP180/280. The best accuracy I have found was ~14 hPa which is not enough since I need to measure 1000 to 1010 hPa to the hPa. I seem to only find 1 hPa precision pressure sensors with digital interface.

mhoare

by adafruit_support_bill on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Have you checked with National Instruments to see if they have any other options? If you are constrained by that DAQ device, you could always do a digital reading and feed the result to DAC. But every conversion will introduce some error and a direct interface is always preferable.

adafruit_support_bill

by mhoare on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:34 pm

Yes I will get in touch with NI support and see how I can interface both devices. Thank you for your help.

Morgan

mhoare

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.