🎁📬❄️📦 Holiday Shipping Deadlines are approaching! International customers and domestic ground - get your orders in 12/9/2020 📦❄️📬🎁

Retropie with 2.8r Pitft tutorial not up to date
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Retropie with 2.8r Pitft tutorial not up to date

by Milo1 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi,

I am really interested in making a portable retro pie station with my raspberry pi 2 and 2.8 inch resistive touchscreen. But, there are few tutorials out there on how to set up, and the one on this website is out of date ( i know this from looking at other forums saying that some steps are wrong due to updates in retropie software/image). I have spent 3 of my afternoons with friends who are experts with raspberry pis and none of us have figured out how to get video output to the pitft. Can anyone make an up to date tutorial (AS IN DEPTH AS POSSIBLE) on how to install? or better yet, upload an image for the software with all the configurations that make the pitft function already se so that i can just download it to my micro sd card and plug into the pi (I would much more prefer this).

By the way I have no idea how this stuff is meant for kids when it is so extremely complicated that.

Milo1

Re: Retropie with 2.8r Pitft tutorial not up to date

by adafruit2 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:41 pm

nope, its not easy at all
if you want retropie with a pitft, try the pigrrl image
since it has the display part done for you
https://learn.adafruit.com/pigrrl-2/overview

adafruit2
Site Admin

Re: Retropie with 2.8r Pitft tutorial not up to date

by Milo1 on Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:23 pm

thankyou so much this is going to save me so much time

Milo1

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.