🎁📬❄️📦 Holiday Shipping Deadlines are approaching! International customers and domestic ground - get your orders in 12/9/2020 📦❄️📬🎁

Upload new sound file via serial to Audio FX sound board?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Upload new sound file via serial to Audio FX sound board?

by technotim on Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:15 pm

I would like to be able to upload a new audio file to the Audio FX sound board from a connected Arduino device via UART / serial. I am working with the Feather 32U4 Bluefruit and the Audio FX sound board - both are great products and worked as advertised will low effort. Uploading audio files works fine via USB from my Mac.

I am writing an app that will configure my project via the Bluefruit and play pre recorded files, but would like to add a feature that would allow a new audio file be recorded on the app, then stream it to the sound board via the Bluefruit without having to connect the sound board to usb (the sound board will not be easily accessible in its enclosure, although the Feather will be). Seems like all of the pieces are there to do this, only there is no idle mode command to save a file to the sound board's memory storage.

Any ideas of how to go about this? Or do I need to expose the sound board USB as well as the Feather?

technotim

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.