๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช ๐Ÿšš Adafruit will not be shipping USPS orders Monday October 14, 2019 ๐Ÿ—“. Expedited USPS orders placed after 11am ET ๐Ÿ•š Friday October 11 will go out Tuesday October 15 ๐Ÿ“ฃ๐Ÿ“ช๐Ÿšš

Over charge protection
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Over charge protection

by cheeguan on Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:30 am

Do the USB/DC/Solar lithium Ion/Polymer charger - v2 have a charge protection? As i do not want to over charge my battery and if I charge 2 lithium Ion/Polymer battery will the LED indicator for "Done" indicate for both battery or just one?

cheeguan

Re: Over charge protection

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:53 am

The charger cycle will end when the cell reaches the full-charge voltage (4.2v).

and if I charge 2 lithium Ion/Polymer battery ...

The charger can only charge one cell at a time.

adafruit_support_bill

by cheeguan on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:35 am

Thanks for the reply but is there anyway to charge 2 battery in this module or there a other module that can support it? And is there a way to check if your module do support over charge protection?

cheeguan

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:45 am

Charging cells in parallel is not recommended unless they are part of a factory matched and balanced battery pack.
And is there a way to check if your module do support over charge protection?

As I said in my previous post. The charge cycle ends when the cell reaches full charge voltage. That is the definition of over-charge protection.

adafruit_support_bill

by cheeguan on Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:16 am

adafruit_support_bill wrote:
As I said in my previous post. The charge cycle ends when the cell reaches full charge voltage. That is the definition of over-charge protection.

Iam trying to ask that is there a way to check if there a over charge protection on other adafruits module in their description or there is over charge protection for all the battery charging module as i would like to buy PowerBoost 1000 Charger - Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A - 1000C and VERTER 5V USB Buck-Boost - 500mA from 3V-5V / 1000ma from 5V-12V but i could not find in the description if it have the over charge protection......sorry iam still new to electronics.

cheeguan

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:15 am

All of our chargers have over-charge protection.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.