x0xb0x is back and shipping again – say hello to Willzyx

What's happening in 2010 to best support the x0xb0x project!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
phono

Re: x0xb0x is back and shipping again – say hello to Willzyx

Post by phono »

Luap wrote:I hope that wherever the home/forum of the x0xb0x gets offloaded to, we get some good support. Because it sure would be appreciated by many.
quite a lot of the support the forum has given has been completely community based, mome rath and myself aren't anything to do with adafruit either.

altitude

Post by altitude »

Phil, Im just giving you a hard time :wink: Glad you passed to buck. (i didnt make that second quote in your reply btw)

exactspace

Post by exactspace »

Just bought a kit and I see now they are sold out! Thanks James, and good luck! Hope you make this your business for quite some time.

adafruit

Post by adafruit »

Altitude wrote:Phil, Im just giving you a hard time :wink: Glad you passed to buck. (i didnt make that second quote in your reply btw)
no problem, i don't need anyone to go out of their way to be nice, my expectations are pretty accurate when it comes to messages in forums :) that being said, i won't let anyone go out of their way to be mean either in these forums. consider it a friendly warning, keep it positive here folks :) we've worked really hard to do the best we could for over 1,000 kits and now the project will live on, be better supported and have a better parts supply. the project is open source, the forums are open here - the documentation is still up and always will be - and it's still amazing. one of the best projects ever for open source hardware and for synths. we're really lucky to have found willzyx.

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

exactspace wrote:Just bought a kit and I see now they are sold out! Thanks James, and good luck! Hope you make this your business for quite some time.
I will be supporting x0xen for the long haul and am very excited to be a part of this awesome project.

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

The first shipments are on the way! :D

Miminashi

Post by Miminashi »

Willy, will you be stocking any of the other non-rare (er, uh, "common") x0x parts (LEDs, switches, etc.) that were so fleetingly available in the adafruit shop?

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

Miminashi wrote:Willy, will you be stocking any of the other non-rare (er, uh, "common") x0x parts (LEDs, switches, etc.) that were so fleetingly available in the adafruit shop?
I do plan on having a few "common" parts in the store. The gray-hill encoders come to mind, basically the parts that are not that easy to find outside of the US. Right now my first priority is to get kits built up and update BOMs, documentation ect.....

computer controlled

Post by computer controlled »

This is great! Love the black panels! I woulda bought one, but i just bought one of Sub Styler's 303 style ones. But i suspect that i will be buying another b0x in the future, and will be using your supply =o]

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

Computer Controlled wrote:This is great! Love the black panels! I woulda bought one, but i just bought one of Sub Styler's 303 style ones. But i suspect that i will be buying another b0x in the future, and will be using your supply =o]
Thanks I hope that I will have some kits up on the site soon!
working on passive parts today

hamburgers

Post by hamburgers »

Willzyx Music wrote:
Computer Controlled wrote:This is great! Love the black panels! I woulda bought one, but i just bought one of Sub Styler's 303 style ones. But i suspect that i will be buying another b0x in the future, and will be using your supply =o]
Thanks I hope that I will have some kits up on the site soon!
working on passive parts today
does this mean you're adding "full" kits to your inventory soon?

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

mome rath wrote:does this mean you're adding "full" kits to your inventory soon?
Full kits are coming soon.
I will give an exact date when they will be available in a few weeks.
If any one has questions feel free to post them here or you can e-mail me at [email protected]. I am also
checking my PMs.

jfx09

Post by jfx09 »

Hello,

just a quick note to let you all know James offers really great service and ships really fast !

The plates and pcbs are BANNED, I'm a happy dude : )

jf

altitude

Post by altitude »

Just a note, my boards arrived today to Michigan, transit time was exactly one week via cheapo shipping. Thanks James!

willzyx music

Post by willzyx music »

Just a note, my boards arrived today to Michigan, transit time was exactly one week via cheapo shipping. Thanks James!
just a quick note to let you all know James offers really great service and ships really fast !

The plates and pcbs are BANNED, I'm a happy dude : )
Its exciting to see that the first shipments are arriving. If you guys need anything just let me know.

I am working around the clock to get the first 100 complete kits ready. Its looking like the first 50 will be ready in another week. :D

Edit: Forgot to mention that they will be $350 a kit.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “x0xb0x Project Status 2010”