Neopixel ring+TFT LCD touchscreen on Rpi A+

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Timthea

Neopixel ring+TFT LCD touchscreen on Rpi A+

Post by Timthea »

Hi folks,

I have kind of a problem there : I want to use a TFT touchscreen 3,5" plus a NeopixelRing on the same setup. However, if it works quite well, sometimes when I use the raspberry for other things while piloting the neopixel ring, the screen starts to glitch for like a minute before it eventually comes to a stop. It does not happen if the neopixelring is not used, and it seems to happen sometimes even when I test only the program with the neopixelring unsoldered ( even if the program is an unmodified strandtest.py). It is for professional purpose and I cannot allow a thing that works most of the time but sometimes glitches.
It might be because the raspberry finds it difficult to drive 26 GPIOs for the touchscreen plus a GPIO for the neopixel but I don't see why there would be so much GPIO ports if it wasn't able to withstand that ... I have to say that the Neopixel is powered by a 5V pin shared with the screen( but since it glitches also when the neopixel is unplugged I don't think that's the main concern) How can I improve the reliability of my project ? I use the 21 GPIO to pilot the ring because using PWR pins makes the screen glitch everytime.

Can I have a helping hand on this ?

Thank you very much !

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”