WCMCU2812B (WS2812B) on UP2 Board

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
noobie

WCMCU2812B (WS2812B) on UP2 Board

Post by noobie »

Hi,
I have 3 Neopixel LED rings that have 12, 16 and 24 LEDs and I was using Arduino for programming. But now, I have a duty to recode everything on the UP2 board since it is the one that is going to be used in the project. I did some research and here are my problems.
  • I guess, strict timing restrictions on the neopixels can cause some problems on the UP2 board. I guess there are some solutions like using SPI. But I am fairly new to programming and I don't know anything about SPI or UPboard. So I don't know how to implement this solution. For ex. I saw this library; https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Ci ... oPixel_SPI But I don't know if it's applicable to UP2 or not, and if so; how?

• If any of you have tried to use neopixel led rings on the UP2 board, can you share a guideline? For a real beginner..

mikeysklar

Re: WCMCU2812B (WS2812B) on UP2 Board

Post by mikeysklar »

Sorry. Can you clarify which device the UP2 board is?

noobie

Post by noobie »

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

It looks like you have made your way into uncharted waters. There be dragons here. You are off the map.

Looking at Adafruit Blinka I don't see any sign of support for the Up Squared board as of now. I think you might need some of these libraries to make things go. You could play with the NeoPixel SPI library, but I suspect it will have some dependencies.

If you were allowed to use your Arduino with the UP2 that would make things a lot easier for you.

We do have one guide which might help if you must use the UP2 for everything.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adding-a-sin ... -to-blinka

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”