Due to high demand expect some shipping delays at this time, orders may not ship for 1-2 business days.

Neopixel strips on Feather RP2040
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Neopixel strips on Feather RP2040

by Tempusfugit on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:04 pm

Hi All i was wondering if it would be possible to get some help with how to setup an external strip on the Feather 2040, for the life of me i have not been able to get it to work. plan is to use the Feather 2040 along with a 1x4 neokey to control a strip or 2 for my desk ambient lighting. One key to step through different animations and another to change the color of applicable of the animation. i have been combing through the learn guides but cant seem to find anything about external strips on the Feather 2040. do the have to be done through the PIO state machines? A guide on this would be extremely helpful.

Kind regards

Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit

Re: Neopixel strips on Feather RP2040

by dastels on Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:05 pm

From looking at the MacroPad code, it doesn't appear that you need to do anything special. It just uses basically:
Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
import neopixel
self._pixels = neopixel.NeoPixel(board.NEOPIXEL, 12) # 12 is the number of pixels

I assume you can replace board.NEOPIXEL with any output capable pin.

Dave

dastels

Re: Neopixel strips on Feather RP2040

by Tempusfugit on Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:00 am

That was my initial thought however I cannot seem to get it to work I have tried using both the usb pin and the 3.3 for power and level shifting as required . I have tried all the own pins I could see from the tutorial but with no luck I was however using the classic way of naming the pin “pixel_pin = board.D6” and using the standard strip creator method but no joy.

Tempusfugit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.