Two button rope light costume project.

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Mandar

Two button rope light costume project.

Post by Mandar »

HI newcomer to the wiring world and need a little help navigating the tutorials out there.

I am working on a project and I would like to run rope lights through out a costume . its a pretty easy project but I would like to add 2 buttons to the rope lights. One button that turns the EL wire off and on. i would like a second button that if you hold down the button the EL wire will light up and if you let go of the button it will turn off. I would also like the buttons to be in a glove for easy use

Its pretty easy to find tutorials to add a button to a battery pack and extension to the button but nothing about having 2 buttons with different modes that work on the same rope lights.

Can anyone point me in the right direction

Franklin97355

Re: Two button rope light costume project.

Post by Franklin97355 »

So, with one button the lights are on all the time or off all the time and with the other the lights are on when pressed and off if the other switch is in the off position? For that an "on/off" switch in parallel with a "momentary" switch would work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”