Large order of short length LED strips

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
MarshallNye

Large order of short length LED strips

Post by MarshallNye »

I work for a company that is looking to utilize either Neopixel or DotStar strips for dynamic lighting. Thing is, each unit we make will require one 16" and two 19" inch strips, and we're producing over 100 units. Currently I've been experimenting with the NeoPixel 60led/meter strips and a fadecandy chip, but having to solder every connection is going to be a giant time sink. The DotStar series have the quick connectors, which make them really appealing. I need this project to be directly controllable via a windows 10/7 interface via java or python. The biggest factors I'm trying to weigh are not wasting strips versus the amount of labor it'll take to hook each unit together.

So my rambling question is: Can Neopixels be sold in individual 16" and 19" lengths with the connections already attached, or will I be better off using DotStars and quick connectors. I'm already familiar with working with fadecandy; how much of a learning curve is programming the DotStars with an Arduino?

Franklin97355

Re: Large order of short length LED strips

Post by Franklin97355 »

The Neopixel strips are made from ws2812 or sk6812 pixels. You might find a fabrication house that can put together the custom strips you need but we do not do that type of work, sorry.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”