Library Documentation

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
philross

Library Documentation

Post by philross »

This seems pretty basic, but I can't figure it out:

I'm well into my first arduino enabled gadget construction project, which will be an alarm clock utilizing a chronodot and your 5 input capacitive touch sensor and the 1.2" LED Display with backpack. The wiring and physical construction is 80% done. The code is 50% done and the ONE THING I'm struggling with is "WHERE IS THE LIBRARY DOCUMENTATION?"

As a for example, when I call my routine to allow the user to set the clock via the touch sensors...I had to blank the display and only print the "Hours" digit while it is adjusted up or down. Where was the easiest place to find that display.clear() was a "thing"...because I wasted an hour trying various other dead end approaches and only found the clear command through a series of finally-fruitful web searches.

My google-fu is not strong enough to find the documentation. Please enlighten me. Looking for information specifically on the display and clock functions available once those libraries are included.

Thanks!

Phil

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Library Documentation

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There are a number of backpacks that share a common library. The product guide covers the most common functions for each device.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-led ... k-firmware

But libraries get updated frequently and the guides are sometime behind. When all else fails, follow Obi-Wan's advice and "Use the source".
The library sources themselves are the definitive reference. The best place to start is with the header file:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_LE ... Backpack.h

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”