2.8" PiTFT touchscreen touch not working on Pi 3 Model B
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2.8" PiTFT touchscreen touch not working on Pi 3 Model B

by Guitarshredda on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:13 pm

Hi,

A few months ago I bought the Adafruit PiTFT - 320x240 2.8" TFT (https://www.adafruit.com/product/1601).
Today I planned to use it on my Raspberry Pi 3 Model B. I followed the Easy Install guide (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-pitft-28-inch-resistive-touchscreen-display-raspberry-pi/easy-install) by downloading the Jessie-based PiTFT Resistive Image and writing it to an empty 8GB SD card with Win32DiskImager.
If I understand correctly, the TFT should be working now if I start the Pi? But when I boot up the Pi, everything works except for the touch.
I can see everything on the screen, but I can only interact with it if I use a mouse and/or keyboard. When I touch the screen, the lights on the side of the TFT dim as well so I assume that it does register the touching? I'm not sure why the Easy Install isn't working since I used a clean SD card with the recommended image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Guitarshredda

Re: 2.8" PiTFT touchscreen touch not working on Pi 3 Model B

by gmbgmb on Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:04 pm

gmbgmb

by Guitarshredda on Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:33 am

gmbgmb wrote:Take a look at viewtopic.php?f=50&t=104964

Thanks for your reply.

I read your topic and tried to use the commands, but it can't find pitft35r-overlay.dtb or pitft35r.dts.
This is probably because I have the 2.8" version and you have the 3.5", but there are also no pitft28 files with that name.

These are the only files I could find in /boot/overlays/ with pitft in their names:
pitft22.dtbo
pitft28-capacitive.dtbo
pitft28c.dtbo
pitft28-resistive.dtbo
pitft35-resistive.dtbo

I tried replacing the pitft35 bits in your commands with the files that I have (pitft28c.dtbo and pitft28-resistive.dtbo), but it just gives me errors.

Guitarshredda

by Guitarshredda on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:10 pm

I bought a new TFT today, turns out my previous one was broken.
The new one works perfectly with the Easy Install image.

Thank you for your time!

Guitarshredda

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.