HELP Stormflower Gun: Arduino not uploading to Trinket 5V
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

HELP Stormflower Gun: Arduino not uploading to Trinket 5V

by Spitzfadenc on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:05 pm

I am currently working on the exact https://learn.adafruit.com/stormflower- ... e/overview Lie Ren Stormflower gun. I bought all the materials and copied the tutorial to a T ( choosing to go with the all in one installation after the normal ones seemed to come with more problems.) I did it on multiple computers, tried a second trinket chip, and bought another usb cable just in case the one I had couldn't send data and still, I get the error message "Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Pro Trinket 5V/16MHz (USB)"

Archiving built core (caching) in: C:\Users\Crysta\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_cache_843394\core\core_adafruit_avr_protrinket5_0c812875ac70eb4a9b385d8fb077f54c.a
Sketch uses 928 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes of dynamic memory.

An error occurred while uploading the sketch

I don't know what to do at this point to make it work and I have a deadline of one more week to figure it out.
Please help!

Thank you!

Spitzfadenc

Re: HELP Stormflower Gun: Arduino not uploading to Trinket 

by franklin97355 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:45 pm

Your board is set to Pro Trinket which is not the same chip as the Trinket. Set the correct board and try again.

franklin97355

by IceDragonIDGN on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:27 pm

First thing I'm really new to a lot of this so I may have a newbie issue, but I've read the directions and spent a full day Googling. This is far more work than I'm being paid for so I'm in the hole on this project already.

Same problem same board, and it is a pro. 16mzh 5V Pro version.
Using IDE version 1.8.3
Like the other guy I have a deadline and don't have time for a technical puzzle. Any real help would be greatly appreciated.

The error is as follows:
Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Pro Trinket 5V/16MHz (USB)"

In file included from C:\Users\User\Desktop\PortalGun-master\portalGun\portalGun.ino:31:0:

C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\encoder-master/ClickEncoder.h:77:36: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]

const bool getDoubleClickEnabled()

^

C:\Users\User\Documents\Arduino\libraries\encoder-master/ClickEncoder.h:92:37: warning: type qualifiers ignored on function return type [-Wignored-qualifiers]

const bool getAccelerationEnabled()

^

C:\Users\User\Desktop\PortalGun-master\portalGun\portalGun.ino: In function 'void loop()':

C:\Users\User\Desktop\PortalGun-master\portalGun\portalGun.ino:117:10: warning: enumeration value 'Closed' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

switch (b) {

^

C:\Users\User\Desktop\PortalGun-master\portalGun\portalGun.ino:117:10: warning: enumeration value 'Pressed' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

C:\Users\User\Desktop\PortalGun-master\portalGun\portalGun.ino:117:10: warning: enumeration value 'Released' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]

Sketch uses 6782 bytes (23%) of program storage space. Maximum is 28672 bytes.
Global variables use 240 bytes of dynamic memory.
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

IceDragonIDGN

by franklin97355 on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 pm

Make sure you have the verbose options set in the preferences and post the results. Please use code tags when posting code or logs to the forums. It preserves formatting and makes it easier for everyone to read the code. Click the </> button above the reply box and past your code between the tags created.

franklin97355

by IceDragonIDGN on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:16 am

Problem solved! Thanks for the advice on the board. The issue ended up being the "programmer" that was set under "Tools" in the IDE. It should have been set to "usbtiny". It's little things like that not being documented clearly in the how to guides that drive me crazy with this stuff.

IceDragonIDGN

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.