Compile error with DMA NeoPixel Lib
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Compile error with DMA NeoPixel Lib

by dofl1234 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:04 pm

I am testing the 'strandtest' example from NeoPixel ZeroDMA library with 'Adafruit Feather M0 RFM69HCW Packet Radio - 433MHz' but getting below error. The libraries are installed by following tutorial page(https://learn.adafruit.com/dma-driven-n ... s?view=all). The library files are exist on the right place. Any thought?

In file included from /Users/dofl.yun/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_ZeroDMA/Adafruit_ZeroDMA.h:6:0,
from /Users/dofl.yun/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_NeoPixel_ZeroDMA/Adafruit_NeoPixel_ZeroDMA.h:5,
from /Users/dofl.yun/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_NeoPixel_ZeroDMA/examples/strandtest/strandtest.ino:8:
/Users/dofl.yun/Documents/Arduino/libraries/Adafruit_ZeroDMA/utility/dma.h:319:22: fatal error: compiler.h: No such file or directory
#include "compiler.h"
^
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather M0.

dofl1234

Re: Compile error with DMA NeoPixel Lib

by dofl1234 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:21 am

I've tested an example with latest Arduino IDE. No luck yet. Any thought?

dofl1234

by drken on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:12 pm

I'm having the same issues you are using a Gemma M0.

drken

by glennglow on Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Help please

Project: NeoPixel GEMMA Mask

Can't get code to compile. Looks like it can't find the Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: . I installed the library so I don't see why it can't find it.
Got the blink test to work.

Thanks,Glenn

Get error below:

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit Gemma 8MHz"

Build options changed, rebuilding all
C:\Users\Jwalker\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_NeoPixel\Adafruit_NeoPixel-master\examples\gemamamask\gemamamask.ino:1:31: fatal error: Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: No such file or directory

#include <Adafruit_NeoPixel.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Gemma 8MHz.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Got the blink code to work compile and upload but can't compile the

Adafruit_NeoPixel.h: No such file or directory

glennglow

by franklin97355 on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:34 pm

You might try removing and re-downloading the Adafruit_NeoPixel library.

franklin97355

by Callegenix on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 am

Hello Everyone,

I am having this same issue of a missing "compile.h" on a Feather M0 trying to just compile the example (strandtest) that comes with Adafruit_NeoPixel_ZeroDMA. I have deleted the libraries and reinstalled them. And I have downloaded the latest Arduino IDE (I'm on Windows 10).

I have looked for the compile.h file itself and it showed up a half dozen places or more under various Arduino subdirectories (mainly wifi and bootloader places it seemed). Because there is a lot that goes on behind the scenes I can't really tell where it expects that file to actually be. I only know that I have a lot of copies - but none apparently in the right place :)

I did just try putting a copy of compile.h into the Zero DMA folder and it stopped complaining about that file and complained about another. So clearly it's looking for a whole subdirectory that's not there. I just don't know what it is. The subdirectory layout is complex and kind of confusing to me.

I should note that I have a bunch of other projects for the Feather M0 and other boards that work OK. It's only when I tried to use this Adafruit_NeoPixel_ZeroDMA that I had a problem.

If anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them. I'm willing to delete everything and start over if that's what it takes. But hopefully somebody might actually know the key to this puzzle... By the way, below are the errors. They look like the ones at the top of this thread...

Thanks a bunch!

Mark

In file included from C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_ZeroDMA/Adafruit_ZeroDMA.h:6:0,

from C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Neopixel_ZeroDMA/Adafruit_NeoPixel_ZeroDMA.h:5,

from C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_Neopixel_ZeroDMA\examples\strandtest\strandtest.ino:8:

C:\Users\Mark\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_ZeroDMA/utility/dma.h:319:22: fatal error: compiler.h: No such file or directory

#include "compiler.h"

^

Callegenix

by pburgess on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:45 pm

Quick fix for now is to also install the Adafruit_ASFcore library.

That might actually end up being the canonical solution. I'll see if the bits in question can't be integrated into Adafruit_ZeroDMA.

pburgess

by Callegenix on Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:59 pm

Yes - that fixed the issue. It compiles like a champ now!

Thank you!

Mark

Callegenix

by pburgess on Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:42 pm

Had a look around, we decided that Adafruit_ASFcore will remain a prerequisite. README and Learning System guides have been updated to reflect this. Thanks!

pburgess

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.