Black lines on pitft 2.8
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Black lines on pitft 2.8

by dedpxl on Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:05 am

I was able to successfully boot my pigrrl 2 but after turning it off overnight the only thing I can see on the display is vertical black lines moving as if it is trying to display the Retropie splash screen. I reseated the ribbon cable on the tft assembly and all cables that run to the display and pi respectively. Is my screen defective, am I missing something?

dedpxl

Re: Black lines on pitft 2.8

by adafruit2 on Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:24 pm

thats really odd, can you post a photo? it will help us diagnose it!

adafruit2
Site Admin

by dedpxl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 pm

piscreen2.png
piscreen2.png (138.6 KiB) Viewed 47 times

This is what it looks like as it initializes during boot up. Black lines appear across screen and then it goes white display and stays that way. This is with external power directly to the pi and also running of of battery through the powerboost 1000. I tried a second display as well and the issue persists. I also reimaged the sdcard and redid the easy setup for the pitft and issue persists. I am running out of things

dedpxl

by dedpxl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:22 pm

piscreen2.png

This is what it looks like as it initializes during boot up. Black lines appear across screen and then it goes white display and stays that way. This is with external power directly to the pi and also running of of battery through the powerboost 1000. I tried a second display as well and the issue persists. I also reimaged the sdcard and redid the easy setup for the pitft and issue persists. I am running out of things

dedpxl

by dedpxl on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:23 pm

piscreen1.jpg
piscreen1.jpg (419.87 KiB) Viewed 43 times

This is what it looks like as it initializes during boot up. Black lines appear across screen and then it goes white display and stays that way. This is with external power directly to the pi and also running of of battery through the powerboost 1000. I tried a second display as well and the issue persists. I also reimaged the sdcard and redid the easy setup for the pitft and issue persists. I am running out of things to troubleshoot.

dedpxl

by adafruit2 on Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:42 pm

yah that is bizarre. if the FPC on the back is seated well, then we can just replace it - email support@adafruit with a link to this thread and we'll send u another one

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.