RGB 32x32 Matrix on RPI with Adafruit Matrix Hat
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

RGB 32x32 Matrix on RPI with Adafruit Matrix Hat

by gbehrevv on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:34 pm

Hello -

Recently purchased a hat to connect the 32x32 RGB matrix with the ultimate goal of controlling the display with Python. Having some issues getting a couple of the projects to work as expected after some initial success. I started with the "Adafruit RGB Matrix + Real Time Clock HAT for Raspberry Pi" project and was able to get the hat assembled, the RPI configured and was able to run LED-MATRIX demos with no issue and was even able to run the python examples.

Since my project really involves displaying text on the display I looked at the other learning documents additional examples on how to do this easily. I then saw the "Raspberry Pi RGB LED Matrix Webapp" document which seemed to have all of the things I needed. I was able to install all of the needed pre-requisites and the builds completed without error. The DEMO application runs without error but there is no output on the matrix.

This is also the case for the "Raspberry Pi LED Matrix Display" project

Both of the projects that I am having issues with are quite a bit newer than the one that works.

I am using a PI 2 Model B V1.1 with a fresh copy of Raspbian Stretch, the RGB Matrix Hat and a 32x32 RGB matrix. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

gbehrevv

Re: RGB 32x32 Matrix on RPI with Adafruit Matrix Hat

by gbehrevv on Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:45 pm

UPDATE: After reverting to the Jesse lite image ALL of the RGB matrix examples from Learn.Adafruit are now working as expected!

gbehrevv

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.