RA8875 to 7.0" TFT w/ Touch (800x480) ASCII Issues
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

RA8875 to 7.0" TFT w/ Touch (800x480) ASCII Issues

by larsima on Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:56 pm

Hey,

Recently got my screen and RA8875 (purchased from Adafruit) up and running nicely. I eventually figured out that it uses RGB565 for color formatting (hopefully this helps someone in the future: http://www.barth-dev.de/online/rgb565-color-picker/) but I am having issues accessing the ASCII tables. Using the Latin-1 table (which is supported according to page 108 of the manual linked to by the Adafruit product page), I can't get any (that I've tried to far) ASCII characters to appear. Seemingly they either appear as a slew of random and unrelated ASCII characters or nothing is printed at all. I've tried:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
tft.textWrite((char)0xA9);
tft.textWrite(char(0xA9));
tft.textWrite(0xA9);
tft.textWrite("0xA9");

I recognize that at least one of those attempts probably seems irrational or silly- I'm not the best with data structuring/types and I'm rather unfamiliar with graphic processing so I figured why not try everything. Realistically I most expected the third method to work. Any help on this matter would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Chris

(PS: Yes, I am in textMode, the color is visible, and the text is properly and located via textSetCursor sized to be hypothetically viewable).

larsima

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.