HXD8357 TFT white screen
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

HXD8357 TFT white screen

by controlfreaks on Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:13 pm

I have successfully (almost) been using the 3.5" tft. (product: 2050). I have written all my own drivers and graphics routines (as close as I can to Adafruit's) for a PIC micro using SPI. I have also written entirely my own routines for the resistive touch screen. The TFT displays a menu tree for controlling a piece of equipment.

The problem I am having is every once in a while the screen will just go white and will be unresponsive until I reset it. This always happens after a press on the screen but very intermittent. If I am constantly pressing buttons the screen, it could happen within a couple of minutes or it could take 30 minutes. (a few dozen taps on the screen or a few hundred).

The very intermittent nature of the fault makes me think it is a noise issue but that is only a theory. I have changed out the ribbon cabling I was using for shielded cable but the fault still persists.

I have the usual decoupling caps across the power supply. My reset pin is tied high.

Any thoughts as to why I am having this problem would be appreciated.

Cheers,
James

controlfreaks

Re: HXD8357 TFT white screen

by amarch on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:22 pm

I have had a similar problem. It has to do with faulty SD card holders and I've found it to be the case with over 20% of the screens.
You can see it in my post here.
I haven't heard back from them on this topic but it's not very good to have such a high failure rate. I have not received any response and can only conclude that they have no protocol for addressing this issue.

amarch

Re: HXD8357 TFT white screen

by controlfreaks on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Thanks for the reply amarch,

I am sorry you are having problems with the SD card slots. I do not, however, see the connection to my screen going white. If there is connection it might lead to a solution,am I missing something?

Cheers,

James.

controlfreaks

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.