Can't figure out how to change the colours on the led strip!

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kerri1199

Can't figure out how to change the colours on the led strip!

Post by kerri1199 »

Hi guys, we are in need of some help. We bought all of the components from Kamuis animated led basics video. We followed step by step that same video and also her Ebook on how to solder and connect the digital 5v 60 led/m strip to the Pro trinket 5v/16mhz, and the Powerboost 500C. We've been successful in going into the strand test, and it working, and also going into the Fire 2012 and it also functioning properly. However, it's only functioning in rainbow colours. We have tried everything for 5 days to try to get that led strip to run a fire sequence with proper fire colours. With no success. We are Cosplayers, and we are very new to this lighting. And we need things explained to us in very newbie terms. Think of us as toddlers just learning to walk and talk lol. Please help Obi wan, you're our only hope...

chemdoc77

Re: Can't figure out how to change the colours on the led st

Post by chemdoc77 »

Are you using the FastLED Fire2012 sketch at:

https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/blob ... re2012.ino

or are you using the FastLED Fire2012WithPalette sketch at:

https://github.com/FastLED/FastLED/blob ... alette.ino

or are you using another sketch called Fire2012?

Once I know which sketch you are using, I should be able to help you.

kerri1199

Post by kerri1199 »

Man that would be so awesome, we're pulling our hair out. We are going into the Fast LED library and choosing the Fire 2012 AND we have tried the Fire 2012 colour palette. Can't get either to start up and work in fire colours, but it runs it's sequence in rainbows. Thank you so much for trying to help us out!

chemdoc77

Post by chemdoc77 »

I need to get the following questions answered from you in order to help you out.

What version of the Arduino IDE are you using?

Do you have the latest FastLED library installed?

When you clicked on the upload button on the Arduino IDE to load the Fire2012 sketch to your Trinket Pro, did you after a few seconds, push the reset button on the Trinket Pro to activate the boot loader (a led on the Trinket Pro should be flashing) ?

Do you have the display line number choice box checked and do you have the show verbose compilation check box checked ( see preferences under file menu choice). If not do so.

If you click on file menu choice on the Arduino IDE and then examples menu choice and scroll down can you see FastLED? If so, click on that and then click on the Fire2012 choice. Does this show up in your Arduino IDE?

What RGB LEDs are you using? NeoPixels? What pin do you have your data in on the RGB LEDS strip connected to on the Trinket Pro?

Once I get this information, I can ask you to check some lines in the code and we can move forward to get this running for you.

FYI, every once in a while I run either of the Fire2012 sketches on a 6 foot length of 60 NeoPixels/m strip and it is awesome!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”