Updated ZeroDMA library incompatible with lightship?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lphebus

Updated ZeroDMA library incompatible with lightship?

Post by lphebus »

Hi, I bought a DotStar LED disk planning to use it as described in the lightship project. I also got a Feather MO "Adalogger" and a 10A power supply. The feather works fine and I can upload and run blink successfully. My problem is that the necessary Aurduino program "OPCstreamSD.ino" (from the lightship project) will not compile. I believe this is because the Adafruit_ZeroDMA library, which the program uses, has recently be modified and states in the readme file "IT BREAKS COMPATIBILITY WITH PRIOR VERSIONS. Function names, calling sequence and return types/values have changed. ".

If this is indeed the case, are there plans to update the lightship software to be compatible with the updated library? If not, is there a way to download the older, compatible version of the ZeroDMA library?

I wish I was a better programmer and could make the necessary adjustments myself. I tried some ideas, but no joy. Thanks for any help!

danhalbert

Re: Updated ZeroDMA library incompatible with lightship?

Post by danhalbert »

If you download from this point in the commit history: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Ze ... 28c45e350a, then I think you'll get the compatible version. Click on the "Clone or Download" link.

I'll talk to the maintainer about perhaps creating some releases to mark points in time in this library.

lphebus

Re: Updated ZeroDMA library incompatible with lightship?

Post by lphebus »

THANKS, using that version of the ZeroDMA library, OPCstreamSD compiled and loaded with no errors. Happy New Year!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”