PiTFT Plus (480x320 3.5") with Raspbian Stretch on Raspberry
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PiTFT Plus (480x320 3.5") with Raspbian Stretch on Raspberry

by owntheweb on Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 pm

I received a PiTFT Plus as a Christmas gift (best gift ever, I know!) and am excited to make use of it with Raspbian Stretch Lite (2017-11-29 release) on a Raspberry Pi 3.

I've tried a huge range of instructions found by Adafruit and other bits in various forums to get this thing running. Most of what I can find covers older versions of Raspbian that I can't seem to get to run even if I download the altered older images from Adafruit. Results have been no change from the white screen, or a frozen Pi at reboot after downgrading packages in the install process (stuck at the rainbow if plugging into HDMI, four fast and four slow blinking led light loop).

I understand that tech changes quickly and that we're all learning and trying to keep up. As my Google skills are not resolving issues, may I pick your brain on the best way to proceed? Should I attempt to use an older image again and stick with it? Should I make it work on the latest (preferred if I can)?

So far I can confirm that all is plugged in and seated properly.

I've tried the quick instructions here with no results or errors of missing files (resolved by creating them then installing, no results), and the more lengthy instructions with a frozen Pi here. I also followed a rabbit hole here.

Please let me know what info I can provide to assist with this. I'm happy to run through it again and post all of the output if that helps.

Thanks for taking a look. :D

owntheweb

Re: PiTFT Plus (480x320 3.5") with Raspbian Stretch on Raspb

by mikewhitten on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi -

Check out the instructions at the bottom of the page: https://forums.adafruit.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=120597

I've got that same screen and those got the desktop displaying on the screen for me.

I still have an issue with the touch mapping; it's inverted. Am hoping that won't prove to be too tough to fix.

mikewhitten

Re: PiTFT Plus (480x320 3.5") with Raspbian Stretch on Raspb

by owntheweb on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 am

Thanks for the feedback mikewhitten!

Kind regards,

owntheweb

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.