2300 hot power input
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2300 hot power input

by Last_bus_home on Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Edit: I originally asked which display would suit me, no help there so I took a chance on the 2300 and it’s great, except the DC in gets very hot, should it get this hot? It’s like burny fingers hot, not the plastic but some of the pins and little circuit bits around it (sorry, not technical terms here).
Any help appreciated, I’m not sure if this is normal/okay/safe/not about to break etc
Thanks, will leave my original query below for reference but would appreciate it if someone could reply this time as there is no adafruit email tech support (which I don’t understand) and I joined just to sort this out.
Thanks, Olive

——————

Hello, I am looking to buy a display, 7” upwards, need not have touch, HDMI input, and preferably USB powered, headphone plug also preferable. I’m making a portable PS4 screen and having a nightmare finding this sort of spec, I don’t want VGA input etc as it all adds to the size of the thing which I want to keep really thin and light. I did buy a display of exactly this discription but the problem is the aspect ratio for plug and play was 16:9 and it just streched the PS4’s output so wasn’t ideal at all.
I have been looking at product: 2396, would this fit the bill? Are there any other good options? It can be any size between 7-14”
Thank you! Sorry for my lack of insight, this is all new to me.
Last edited by Last_bus_home on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Last_bus_home

Re: Best display option

by Last_bus_home on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Edit: and of course this is what I went with.

——————

Or a better potential option would be 2300, anyone able to varify if this would read the aspect ratio correctly or if it can be adjusted if not?

Last_bus_home

Re: 2300 hot power input

by Last_bus_home on Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:02 pm

Bump, some help please?

Last_bus_home

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.