Question about 3,5 PI TFT Plus GPIO Connection
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Question about 3,5 PI TFT Plus GPIO Connection

by lolzarena on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:30 am

Hello. To use my screen I have a bit of a problem and would appreciate some help. My RPI 3B has a ribboncable and it can not be removed without bending the GPIO pins, making it hard to use them again (I know this y trial and error). The problem here, being that I don't want to remove it, is that I can't connect the GPIO pins on the screen holder to the ribboncable, since there the plastic that goes over it will block the pins from being able to connect to the ribbon cable. So can I remove the black plastic covering the GPIO pins without damaging the pins if done carefully or are they glued on to it or anything else?

lolzarena

Re: Question about 3,5 PI TFT Plus GPIO Connection

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Even if you did that, I don't think the TFT would mate up with the exposed pins. It can sometimes be difficult to get that ribbon cable off but that's going to be your best option. Maybe you can carefully walk it up? Move it a little on one end, then a little on the opposite end, etc. Also, using a small screw driver or something to help pry it up might help (do this without power!).

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.