change default source for 5" display

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jmverdi

change default source for 5" display

Post by jmverdi »

Hello,
i just buy 5" display 800x480 w touch 2109. it works well with raspberry pi, with hdmi
the problem is: at start, when I open the power supply, display source comes automatic on "AV2", not on HDMI: i must use the button "source" of the little menu board, (i press two times: one for VGA, second time for HDMI) to activate hdmi.

I buy another display 7" 1024x600 w touch 2396 and this display recognize the source and is automaticly on hdmi at startup

what can i do to "force" 5" display to recognize hdmi source ?

In addition I added the recommended lines in the /boot/config.txt file
Thanks for your help
JM VERDI

jmverdi

Re: change default source for 5" display

Post by jmverdi »

Hi
the problem is solved
Good to know: the 5" display (ref 2109) was powered through a USB port of PI3. Despite a good power supply (2.8A) there should be, at start of the pi, a current unstable or insufficient to power correctly the display : it started but did not recognize the correct source (hdmi).

By feeding the display with an external power supply, the identification of the source was correctly made. And problem solved.

Note: in the same configuration (powered by a USB port of PI3) , the 7" display (ref 2396) correctly identified the source.

JM

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”