Could Adafruit stock WS2812B / APA102 in QTY 1?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
dahud

Could Adafruit stock WS2812B / APA102 in QTY 1?

Post by dahud »

Some turnkey manufacturers, such as Macrofab, use Digikey and Mouser for ordering parts. You give them a part number, and they do the rest. When I have a design that includes a WS2812B or APA102, the system pulls up Adafruit's 10-pack of LEDs on tape, using your handy integration with Digikey and Mouser. The problem is that since the turnkey's system assumes that one purchased unit is one LED, it wants to buy a 10-pack for each LED on the board. This is, of course, quite silly. The only alternative for me is to track down a full reel of the LEDs and ship them to the manufacturer, and I'm not making things in that kind of quantity.

HOWEVER, if Adafruit were to list these components in QTY 1, then Digikey and Mouser would as well. This would smooth over my workflow, and probably that of many other people. Since Adafruit seems to be the only reputable source of WS2812Bs and APA102s in the US, I think it would make sense if you sold those parts more like a regular supplier.

Franklin97355

Re: Could Adafruit stock WS2812B / APA102 in QTY 1?

Post by Franklin97355 »

We don't sell them in single quantity and don't plan to in the near future, sorry.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”