piTFT white screen

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sajingeo

piTFT white screen

Post by sajingeo »

re-posting this issue as advised by moderator. I bought the piGRRL (pi zero) kit from micro center, this is hooked up to a pi zero w (with the manual software install process). I have double checked all solder joints, GNDs and Power pads. On boot boot up I can still SSH into the pi, or connect it to a HDMI screen and see the tiny display. However, I only see a white screen on the piTFT.
I have tired to replace the config.txt as described in the forum with no luck. (viewtopic.php?f=47&t=132356)
I also saw that this product has been put on hold, on adafruit.com but microcenter and amazon are still selling this. I wouldn't have bought this if I knew there was an issue with the screen. Please advise on how to proceed, it would be great if you can send me a replacement screen, even though I am not looking forward to de-solder the pi form the tft.

sajingeo

Re: piTFT white screen

Post by sajingeo »

Please let me know if there are any quick hardware tests/ fixes I can try out. I have a bunch of discrete components (mosfets, etc.) at my disposal.

sajingeo

Post by sajingeo »

This has been resolved :)

viewtopic.php?f=50&t=132799&p=665628

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

We found the issue, but just want to make sure your specific display issue has also been resolved?

sajingeo

Post by sajingeo »

yes its is fixed. I replace the mosfet.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

That's awesome! Great job fixing it yourself.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”