RGB 32x32 Matrix Art

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Licketysplit

RGB 32x32 Matrix Art

Post by Licketysplit »

Hi I'm a better artist than programmer. I have a 32x32 adafruit rgb panel connected to a Raspberry Pi 3 running raspbian stretch lite and Adafruit RGB hat. It's hooked up and I can run the sample code.

That being said, my goal here is to be able to program each rgb in the matrix with a custom html coded color to display pixel light pictures I create.

Is the web app the best way to do this? I went through the tutorial and, I cant get that to work but I haven't tried that hard.

Once I get a custom image to display on the matrix I would like to go further and create animations.

I've seen some people on youtube doing similar things with C++, arrays and an arduino. If there is a simple python program for setting the lights one by one that would be cool.

Any ideas would be super appreciated, I never thought I would be obsessed with RGB lighting but I'm VERY excited about the possibilities of this for my art making practice.

THANK YOU!!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”