Mini RTD2660H HDMI Driver Board - Reverting itself to VGA so

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
vince_n

Mini RTD2660H HDMI Driver Board - Reverting itself to VGA so

Post by vince_n »

Hello,

Several products of type Mini RTD2660H HDMI Driver Board (PCB-800168) are having an issue where the HDMI display input from the raspberry PI is working correctly, but the display is set to VGA. After setting the display to HDMI with the "Key board", things work correctly - but this setting seems to revert itself randomly. This has occurred on three products of which I am aware. The 'Source' button on the "Key board" is not accessible without opening up the enclosure around the entire solution which consists of the Raspberry Pi, the DC-DC converter, and the PCB.

I didn't see this on the FAQ or the forums; but if this is a known issue can someone please point me in the right direction? Or does anyone know what might be going on with the driver board?

vince_n

Re: Mini RTD2660H HDMI Driver Board - Reverting itself to VG

Post by vince_n »

Is there any more information I can provide with this post or steps I can take to figure out what's going on here? Is there tech support available for product developers?

kanefruit

Re: Mini RTD2660H HDMI Driver Board - Reverting itself to VG

Post by kanefruit »

Just a note to say i also have this problem with a batch of RTD2660H driver boards.

Although these are the PCB800099 board version, i am having issues getting them to stay on HDMI input mode after a power cycle. This is even with nothing else connected, No Rpi etc, just the screen and driver. The driver board will always revert to its default vga.

I also made a quick video to show the issue that i sent to my supplier but have had no fix yet for it. youtu.be/kiu0s01iAjc
I have 30+ of the RTD2660 PCB800099 boards running screens utilising HDMI input that don`t have this issue, its only the RTD2660H that have the issues.

K

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”