4.3" TFT With Touch & Raspbian Stretch

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DarkShow

4.3" TFT With Touch & Raspbian Stretch

Post by DarkShow »

Are TFT displays still able to be interfaced over GPIO on the current Raspbian Stretch? I've done it in the past but while taking up a new project after soldering the TFT Friend and attaching the 4.3inch + touch TFT all I am getting is a white screen. I've been playing around with the datasheets and config.txt and trying every change I can think of without even causing a blip of change in the white displayed on the screen. I'm positive my solder joints are secure and not bridging.

If anyone has any tips or a working config.txt please let me know, I've tried both the dpi18 and dpi24 overlays and I followed this wiring guide (adding 3.3v, 5v and GND)

DarkShow

Re: 4.3" TFT With Touch & Raspbian Stretch

Post by DarkShow »

So I found the other TFTFriend + Pi I made in the past and the screen still only displayed white, tried another LCD and it turned on perfectly. So I'm currently thinking it may be a faulty screen because there is no damage to the cabling what so ever. How would I go about getting a refund/replacement sent out?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”