DotStar 8x8 PCB specs?

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sterlingy

DotStar 8x8 PCB specs?

Post by sterlingy »

I'm trying to design and 3D print a custom housing that would accommodate the DotStar 8x8 Matrix. Unlike some other products on this site, there is no link to a schematic. I need measurements for the mounting holes. If anyone has knowledge of this, please share.

oesterle

Re: DotStar 8x8 PCB specs?

Post by oesterle »

Hi, sterlingy.

Assuming you're talking about the 1" square Adafruit DotStar High Density 8x8 Grid - 64 RGB LED Pixel Matrix, the mounting holes are 1.2" apart (center-to-center) on the long dimension, and 0.8" apart on the short dimension. The holes themselves are 0.1" diameter.

The board layout and schematic are on Github, if you need to do further measurements.
adafruit_3444.jpg
adafruit_3444.jpg (270.76 KiB) Viewed 164 times

sterlingy

Post by sterlingy »

You're the best.

Thanks.

casoich

Post by casoich »

Are there any 3D CAD models of the populated board? I have a project in mind where I want to 3D print a fiberoptic harness for this board. I'm ok for modeling the harness itself, but having a dimensionally-correct CAD of the board would be helpful for making a snugly fitting harness. (and of course I'd share the STL for anybody interested... :-) )

Let me know if you know of such a file. Thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”