Problems with Mini Skinny NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
louiscrvr

Problems with Mini Skinny NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144

Post by louiscrvr »

Hi,

I have bought some meters (24m) of LED of this reference "Adafruit Mini Skinny NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip - 144 LED/m - 1m WHITE" in order to do 4 RGB stripes of 4 meters long. Each one of these stripes are controlled by an arduino uno and powered by this transformator 5V 70A (https://www.amazon.fr/Rokoo-Adapter-Rai ... rds=5v+70A).

The problem is that there are a lot of problems!

In order to test the stripes, i have done a code to simply light up one LED stripe in green. Each stripe is only 1m so i have weld 4 pieces together to get one stripe of 4m. The problem is that this stripe works randomly... Some are blinking red or simply shut down... When i try with white color, the begining or the stripe is white but the end is yellowish... And i'm not getting a full intensity (only about 3A instead of the supposed 32A. In the product description it's wrtitten 8A per meter in full white). Most of the time some part of the 4m stripe don't light up. I thought it could be the welding so i just took 4 pieces of 1m that i linked together in line with wires and wagos : the result is the same. It seems like the stripes are extremely fragile and unstable.

Do you any information about this kind of problem ?

Thank you a lot in advance for your help and understanding.

Best regards,

Louis

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Problems with Mini Skinny NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Are you providing power feeds to multiple points on the 4M strip? With 144 pixels/meter, at a minimum you should provide a power feed every 2 meters.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”