Resistive touch (2.8") controller

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
WalesHighlander

Resistive touch (2.8") controller

Post by WalesHighlander »

I bought the WICED feather along with the 2.8" TFT with the resistive touch overlay. I also bought a resistive touch screen controller, which seemed to be required to reduce I/O pin usage. I find no way to connect the touch screen controller to the TFT screen. Are the functions of the little touch screen controller actually implemented in the TFT assembly? Should I now consider the touch screen controller that I bought a spare part?

[update] It seems there is an earlier hardware version of the 2.8 TFT, which has the 610 chip, which was (strangely) omitted from the currently released version, and I think the product documentation is not fully caught up. For me to use the separate STMPE610 card using hardware SPI (with WICED Feather), and disabling the touch interface on the TFT altogether, the requirements seem to be, so far:
- wire up the SPI signals and mode on the 610, from the Feather
- wire up the +-X and +-Y from those brought out to the pins on the TFT board

The question now becomes CS and card conflict: I obviously will wire the 610 board CS pin to some Feather pin to query for touches. BUT which of the two CS pins on the TFT will I leave low to NOT enable the touch interface on the TFT board while I read the 610 board? Conflicts between the touch interface on the TFT and the 610 is what I seek to avoid.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”