Neopixel 12 Pattern Help for N00B

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ThatDamnGuy

Neopixel 12 Pattern Help for N00B

Post by ThatDamnGuy »

Hello,
I am new to the Neopixle & Arduino Gemma world, so far I love it. I am looking for some assistance with a project. I want to use my Neopixel 12 to replicate the Windows 10 Loading gif, but I am not sure how to even start modifying the defult sketch from the GitHub Adafruit NeoPixel Library. If anyone could help or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Thanks William

kcl1s

Re: Neopixel 12 Pattern Help for N00B

Post by kcl1s »

I am not exactly sure which animation you want. I would start with something basic. The colorWipe function turns on one pixel at a time. Try modifying that function to just display a rotating single pixel. (hint: it takes just one additional line of code and it will include the expression ' i - 1 '). Once you get that you can try to get the 'tail' to look right if that is the animation you are going for. As you progress you will want to look at the remainder operator ' % ' and figure out how you can use it to keep your calculations within the ring pixel count. https://www.arduino.cc/reference/en/lan ... remainder/ If you get stuck post your code and we will take a look.

Fellow hobbyist
Keith

ThatDamnGuy

Re: Neopixel 12 Pattern Help for N00B

Post by ThatDamnGuy »

Thanks for the info!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”