2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino and MKR WiFi 1010

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jiitee

2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino and MKR WiFi 1010

Post by jiitee »

Will it be possible to use 2.8" TFT Capacitive Touch Shield for Arduino with MKR Wifi 1010 board?

I realise that the shield and MKR board are not pin compatible so I would need to use MKR2UNO Adapter. To accommodate TFT shield to MKR2UNO equipped with MKR Wifi1010 board I would need to use extra tall headers but that is easily implemented.

Are there any software (or other) restrictions preventing me from using these together?

adafruit2

Re: 2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino and MKR WiFi 1010

Post by adafruit2 »

software wise, should work. hardware wise you'll need to trace out and connect the wires, not easy but technically possible

jiitee

Re: 2.8" TFT Touch Shield for Arduino and MKR WiFi 1010

Post by jiitee »

Thank you for you answer.
I probably missed your point about tracing out and connecting wires. Since MKR2UNO is a form factor adapter I assumed it would take care of pin out compatibility. What I understand of schematics of MKR Wifi 1010, MKR2UNO and TFT shield have supported this.

I am however unsure if the TFT shield will work on 3.3V voltage. The shield has a 3.3V LDO but I cannot say will it bypassed if the supplied operating voltage is already 3.3V.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”