Adafruit 1.54" Tri-Color eInk / ePaper Display - Questions
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit 1.54" Tri-Color eInk / ePaper Display - Questions

by raghu2018 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Thanks for answering this!
I have been experimenting with the Adafruit 1.54" Tri-Color eInk / ePaper Display with SRAM. I am using it with a Huzza Feather ESP32 board. So far it works great!
I have some questions about the Display and the associated EPD library for Arduino.

1) I am not using the SD in the ePaper board now, but was wondering if the SD can be used directly by the ESP32 Huzza for storing files unrelated to the EPD functions. For example store data or even OTA firmware.
2) I read in the other posts that partial update is not available yet. Is this a hardware limitation or just waiting for software functions to be developed in the EPD library?
3) Is there anyway to reduce or eliminate the flashing after refreshing the display?

raghu2018

Re: Adafruit 1.54" Tri-Color eInk / ePaper Display - Questio

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:42 pm

1) Yes. It's basically a separate thing from the display. Just treat it like you would any SD card reader.
2) A combination of both, but mainly hardware.
3) No.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Adafruit 1.54" Tri-Color eInk / ePaper Display - Questio

by raghu2018 on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:24 am

I am using a Huzza ESP32 Feather to control the 1.54 Tricolor E-ink display. It works fine so far.
When I put the Huzza ESP32 in deep-sleep mode it appears to draw 7mA. Could someone please give me an estimate of current draw just for the E-ink display when the ESP32 is in deep-sleep? (so display would be idle displaying a static image, but presumably the SPI chip on it is still powered). Also is it possible to put the E-ink display also in a deep-sleep mode where it draws close to zero mA or a few uA at most (similar to when the battery is disconnected).
Thanks

raghu2018

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.