Remove Touch Screen
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Remove Touch Screen

by Brock508 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:06 pm

So this may be a weird/dumb question but I purchased a 5.0" 40-pin TFT Display - 800x480 with Touchscreen a little while ago and I actually meant to buy the non-touch version and also bought the 40 pin HDMI decoder board non-touch version along with it. 100% totally my fault for not double checking and it's not at all the end of the world. So I have two quick questions.
One is can I remove the touch screen overlay from this display? I notice in the listing that it says that it's the same exact screen as the non-touch version and I have removed the touch overlay on other screens with no issues but I wanted to double check before I started removing that I wasn't going to screw anything up on the display or leave it exposed or something.

Two is if that non-touch decoder board will even work with the touch version of the screen, with or without the overlay removed. It looks like it's the same exact board as the touch version, minus the components, so I'm assuming it'll work ok but again wanted to double check since I totally failed to in the beginning.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

Brock508

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.