LCD Backpack only works with USB
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: LCD Backpack only works with USB

by dannylgreen on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:08 am

Ok, I just noticed posting this that in one of my many experiments earlier, I had changed the baud rate. I just went back to 9600, and the direct connection is now working using the RX connections. JST is still not, so I think there is something wrong on the board there.

I can probably make do with the direct connection though, let me check how that will affect it fitting in my project.

Thanks!
Danny

dannylgreen

by dannylgreen on Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:56 pm

So I noticed and remembered that while trying different things on Sunday, I had changed the baud rate to 57600. I reverted that back to 9600, and now the Direct Connect (using RX) is working. JST is still just dark. I think I can make do using the direct connect though, I need to make sure it will fit in my project that way.

Thanks!
Danny

dannylgreen

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm

It's weird that the continuity check passed, but you still can't get it to work through the JST connector. The continuity check proves they are electrically connected. But why does it only work for one? Really odd. But it sounds like you're working now at least.

adafruit_support_carter

by dannylgreen on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Yes,

I expect there is a flaw on the board such that beyond the little pads for the JST where I tested, there is a break somehow.

dannylgreen

by adafruit_support_carter on Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:54 pm

Maybe, but the continuity test would fail then. So kind of a mystery.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.