Low level code for OLED libraries
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Low level code for OLED libraries

by Just_Some_Nickname on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:11 am

Hello everyone,

First of all, thank you for reading. I appreciate it.

I have recently purchased a 0.96" 128*64 monochrome OLED display. I have also installed the required libraries (Adafruit GFX and Adafruit SSD1306), and was quickly able to write some stuff to the display. And although I intend to use the display for a particular project, and being able to use the display is enough to further my project, I also wish to learn as much as I can. And one thing I should like to know more about is the lower level coding of the libraries that I use.

To be more precise, I want to know what code is being called upon when I apply the function "display.setTextSize", or "display.setCursor", etc., and where can I find it? I have been searching all through the above-mentioned libraries and I just cannot find what I'm looking for. I want to have a look at it, study it, so that I can understand it fully. Although I appreciate the effort that was put into writing those libraries, I don't just want to use them as they come; I want to understand them and develop the insight and ability to write or edit them myself, if necessary.

I am rather new to this, so I am not sure if my questions make much sense. But I'm here to learn, and I hope someone is willing to point me in the right direction.

Kind regards,

Tom.

Just_Some_Nickname

Re: Low level code for OLED libraries

by adafruit_support_bill on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:49 am

Github has a search facility. Using it, you can find the implementations for those functions in the GFX library

https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GF ... etTextSize
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-GF ... =setCursor

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Low level code for OLED libraries

by Just_Some_Nickname on Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:47 pm

A little late, but still: thank you!

Just_Some_Nickname

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.