TFT Featherwing weird behavior
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: TFT Featherwing weird behavior

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:55 pm

However, the GFX failure where it goes blank after trying to draw the triangles remains.

Any change at all to the nature of the triangles? The general shape doesn't even look correct in your photo above of the video capture.

adafruit_support_carter

by flounder on Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:00 am

I reacted too soon. Turns out that when I power it up the first time, the text comes out correctly. But if I hit the Reset button without unplugging the power, it comes up reversed. And the problem with the screen turning white in the middle of drawing the triangles has not been solved, even though I have downloaded the latest libraries. I could attach the video but it is 135MB, and does not differ from the frames I extracted for the earlier set of photos. The difference is that the first time the screen comes up, the text is correct, but each following reset just gives the backward text. Unplugging and replugging gives me correct text the first time around.
joe

flounder

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:09 pm

Try increasing this delay and see if that changes anything:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IL ... ng.ino#L71
Up that to like 500.

adafruit_support_carter

by flounder on Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:02 am

I have discovered that the error that makes the text come out backward also affects graphics; the 0,0 is in the top right instead of the top left, and x increases to the left. But if I unplug and replug, it goes back to the top left with X increasing towards the right. And then it goes haywire after a reset.

flounder

by flounder on Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:59 am

I increased the delay to 500 and it made no change. Here's the output after a reset after it crashes. This is identical to the output after a power-up, or a reset before it crashes. Note also that after the screen blanks in the middle of drawing triangles, the program keeps running and printing out the statistics about how long it takes to do anything.. So the program is running, under the delusion that the Featherwing TFT is in fact doing drawing, but nothing comes out.

I can set you the whole assembly. The current case is a throwaway anyway, since the on/off switch overlaps the Featherwings that I will stack onto the Feather, so I will have to print a new case. Send me an RMA and I'll send it out as soon as FedEx is open again (it is 2am Christmas day. And at 72, with nearly all of my family dead, Christmas is just a day like most others, except with with no tech support and no open restaurants).
joe

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
ILI9341 Test!
Display Power Mode: 0xCA
MADCTL Mode: 0x24
Pixel Format: 0x2
Image Format: 0xC0
Self Diagnostic: 0xE0

flounder

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.