DOA - 2.2" Adafruit TFT Screen
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

DOA - 2.2" Adafruit TFT Screen

by beaconmedia on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:20 pm

I ordered 2 Adafruit 2.2" screens. One of them works perfectly as intended, but the other one doesn't. It just shows a white screen and won't display anything. I checked the solder joints, everything is fine and the second screen confirms that there is no issue with my circuit. Can I setup a return to swap it out?

beaconmedia

Re: DOA - 2.2" Adafruit TFT Screen

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Can you post a photo of the problematic display showing how everything is connected.

adafruit_support_carter

by beaconmedia on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 pm

Not really. It's mounted directly onto a PCB carrier that I designed for it. It works perfectly on 3 other screens that I have (same model). I know it's a broken screen, not a problem with the wiring. Can you please just take this unit back or refund me?

Thanks
Kris

beaconmedia

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Did you test the screen prior to installing in your custom hardware?

adafruit_support_carter

by beaconmedia on Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:36 am

Yes. It is not 'installed' or soldered in any hardware, it's just press in headers when I put it in a header that I know works (because the other same screens work fine it) it just shows white.

I have to say, I love Adafruit but come on guys, this forum style setup to handle a return is ridiculous. It's hard to justify buying things from you guys when your competitors have the easiest return policies in the world. I understand that 1-2% of the population will abuse the return policy but overall I think it would serve you guys well. Hope you can consider this or pass this along to someone who might be able to.

beaconmedia

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.