modify 1.3" 240x240 Wide Angle TFT LCD Color Display
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

modify 1.3" 240x240 Wide Angle TFT LCD Color Display

by szedula on Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:27 pm

After recently viewing one of your videos about a TFT display showing an eye effect I wanted to see if I could embellish a set of Adafruit NeoPixel goggles to include the 1.3" TFT display along with the NeoPixel rings. I'll have to move from the Adafruit Trinket to something like an Arduino Pro Mini and a larger battery. If that doesn't work I also thought about also trying the 1.2" 8x8 Matrix as well. (I'll have to see which gives a better effect through the goggles.) In either case the PCBs for both of them are a little to large. The screw hole mount points stick out beyond the NeoPixel ring geometry. Since I've not jet purchased either products, I was wondering if it would be OK to simply cut off the screw holes on either the TFT PCB or the LED backpack. The attached image shows what I have in mind. I think a Dremel or a file is all I'd need to remove the corners of the PCBs. What do you think?

One more thing. Is the code for the eye effect posted some where you can give me the link for?

Thanks, Joe.
Attachments
goggles-geometry.png
goggles-geometry.png (183.64 KiB) Viewed 116 times

szedula

Re: modify 1.3" 240x240 Wide Angle TFT LCD Color Display

by adafruit_support_carter on Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:17 pm

It's best to use the CAD files to figure this kind of stuff out. You can get the 1.2" 8x8 matrix ones here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-led ... /downloads
I'm not seeing the 1.3" TFT one up anywhere. I'll ask about that.
[EDIT] Here they are:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit-1. ... 40-TFT-PCB

It looks like you should be able to get away with this. You won't be cutting any critical traces. But would recommend confirming using the above info.

One more thing. Is the code for the eye effect posted some where you can give me the link for?

Which eye effect? Is this something from a Learn guide? Can you link to it?

adafruit_support_carter

by szedula on Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 pm

> Which eye effect? Is this something from a Learn guide? Can you link to it?

It took me a little while to find it....

Not from a Learn guide, from the SHOW AND TELL 7/24/19 video about 6min35sec in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN2z2cZIZbc

It doesn't need to be that specifically. I was just hoping for a sketch/library to use as a starting point.

szedula

by adafruit_support_carter on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:03 pm

That's all very new. What's being shown is hardware and software that is currently being developed. Look for more info in the future.

adafruit_support_carter

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.