1.8" Color TFT LCD display with MicroSD Card Breakout: Examp

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
FVA1

1.8" Color TFT LCD display with MicroSD Card Breakout: Examp

Post by FVA1 »

Hi

In the latest updated Adafruit libraries there in no example of loading an image file from the SD card. Went through the guide but still not sure what libraries in necessary. In earlier versions there was one that I use and it contains a function to open and displays Bitmap images. With that I am able to display images even with compiling warnings. Seems that there are now new libraries that address this?

Can you please post an example sketch with the latest libraries needed for your 1.8" ST7735 LCD with SD card reader.

Thanks

FVA1

Re: 1.8" Color TFT LCD display with MicroSD Card Breakout: E

Post by FVA1 »

FVA1 wrote:Hi

In the latest updated Adafruit libraries there in no example of loading an image file from the SD card. Went through the guide but still not sure what libraries in necessary. In earlier versions there was one that I use and it contains a function to open and displays Bitmap images. With that I am able to display images even with compiling warnings. Seems that there are now new libraries that address this?

Can you please post an example sketch with the latest libraries needed for your 1.8" ST7735 LCD with SD card reader.

Thanks
OK, I found it under examples> Adafruit Imagereader Library>BreakoutST7735-

FVA1

Post by FVA1 »

OK, but that example is so big there is no room for much else. Any smaller sketch available.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Big how? Like in final code size? What are you running the example on?

FVA1

Post by FVA1 »

I am running it on a Pro Mini Atmel328.

The Imagereader Breakout St7735 - 160x128 code size is 26570 bytes. if I then remove all code I don't need, I am left with 22496 bytes. I am busy trying to reduce my code but think I will come short. I need about 12 - 13k space.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

It's probably the GFX library and all its various dependencies. Not much else to do but try and remove parts you don't need like you've done.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”