Things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit

by Helsinki on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:21 am

Hello everyone,,
Does the piTFT software support the ds1307 i have one installed and can see it as 68 on i2c bus 1 but none
of the previous tuturials i used to get it running work now that i have the piTFT installed. It never goes
UU and the hwclock -r command fails saying it can't talk to it using any known interface.

I have modules setup properly basically doing exactly what i have always used to get the rtc going
on my raspberry PI's only exception on this unit i just installed the new 3.5 piTFT module and i am
using the full version image from the pitft setup guide

Helsinki

Re: Things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:03 pm

The code for a PiTFT is independent of the code for a DS1307, or any other RTC.

The PiTFT does use I2C, but you can connect multiple I2C devices to the same SDA and SCL pins.

Installing the PiTFT software may have removed the RTC configuration though. Try doing that part again.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit

by Helsinki on Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:27 pm

Helsinki wrote:Hello everyone,,
Does the piTFT software support the ds1307 i have one installed and can see it as 68 on i2c bus 1 but none
of the previous tuturials i used to get it running work now that i have the piTFT installed. It never goes
UU and the hwclock -r command fails saying it can't talk to it using any known interface.
reversephonelookup.onl/
I have modules setup properly basically doing exactly what i have always used to get the rtc going
on my raspberry PI's only exception on this unit i just installed the new 3.5 piTFT module and i am
using the full version image from the pitft setup guide

Thank you my issue got solved,..

Helsinki

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.