brand new 2.8" TFT Touch Shield not working

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
adafruit_support_carter

Re: brand new 2.8" TFT Touch Shield not working

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

OK, no worries. I think that is what is happening. For the MEGA, you'll likely need to cut/solder those pads.

We are looking into our documentation on this. It seems inconsistent and out of sync with the current product rev in some places.

MakerMelissa

Post by MakerMelissa »

Thanks for pointing this out. Documentation has been updated.

MakerMelissa

Post by MakerMelissa »

The board repo was out of date, but now contains the latest schematics as well.

davidsi

Post by davidsi »

here you go
2019-08-26 19.33.32.jpg
2019-08-26 19.33.32.jpg (91.01 KiB) Viewed 192 times

MakerMelissa

Post by MakerMelissa »

Thanks for providing the photo. For the Mega, you'll need to cut the traces on the pads for pins 11-13 in the lower left and bridge the ICSP ones. You can follow the preparing the board section of this page: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-8 ... quickstart which has photos and is the same steps for the Mega.

davidsi

Post by davidsi »

THANK YOU

hayiwada

Post by hayiwada »

MakerMelissa wrote:Thanks for providing the photo. For the Mega, you'll need to cut the traces on the pads for pins 11-13 in the lower left and bridge the ICSP ones. You can follow the preparing the board section of this page: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-2-8 ... quickstart which has photos and is the same steps for the Mega.
Hi, my 2.8" TFT Touch screen for arduino, resistive touch screen just arrived, when i try to put code on arduino MEGA it's the same giving me the white screen. So may I know, if there is other option without soldering to fix it? Previously, my last TFT works fine without soldering it and at that time I used UNO.

MakerMelissa

Post by MakerMelissa »

Hi hayiwada,

It depends. If it is a shield, you may be able to get away with using "bit banging" to do software. This has the effect of being slow, but you can use pins that aren't dedicated to SPI. If you have a breakout, you can tie the corresponding IM pins to the 3vo pin to temporarily change it. You should definitely take a look around on learn.adafruit.com for your corresponding display. I've been doing lots of guide updates and hopefully that will answer any other question you have.

Thanks,
Melissa

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”