Neon-like strip switching on/off multiple sections at a time
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Neon-like strip switching on/off multiple sections at a time

by bryonygp on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:03 am

Hello! I am working on a stage project that involves about 20 sections of neon-like strips in different colors averaging 150" in length each. Questions:
- Can I purchase sections longer than a meter? Estimating a need of 125-150 feet total.
- Basically I have 10 structures, each with two strips/colors. One on, the other off. Then alternating. Have the option of building each structure individually to do this, or link all #1 strips across the 10 structures and have those alternate with all of the #2 strips across the structures.
- I need to fade or switch (doesn't matter) from one color to the other in each structure. Is there a relay you recommend? Ideally automatic, but no need for extreme coding. Would rather avoid Arduino and the use of another computer/device just to run the stage decoration.
- What is the best way to end a cut strip? Can't seem to find any end caps.

Thank you!

bryonygp

Re: Neon-like strip switching on/off multiple sections at a

by jeffwillems on Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Same question, can I purchase sections longer than a meter? I need 300m of product and I love this product, I’m ready to pull the trigger on it but the lack of customer support on this product is incredibly frustrating.

jeffwillems

by adafruit_support_bill on Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:05 pm

These are only available in 1 meter lengths. We do not stock end-caps. You can seal them with electrical grade RTV.

Selection of relays or other switching devices will depend on the the type of strip. We have digital, monochrome analog and rgb analog strips that all fit the description of "Neon-Like". https://www.adafruit.com/?q=neon

@jeffwillems - Your only other post on this topic was answered in 25 minutes.

adafruit_support_bill

by jeffwillems on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:39 pm

@adafruit_support_bill you are correct, it was answered in a timely manner. However, I think in general a forum-only customer service option is less than desirable. I could have had all my questions answered and already ordered the product if I could exchange a few emails or could have jumped on a 15 minute phone call with someone. For this very reason I had decided against using this product for my project but y'all really do have the best product on the market when it comes to neon-like LED so I’m back and trying to get everything I need together because the quality of your product, in this case, outweighs the lacking approach to customer support.

jeffwillems

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.