RA8875 driver board and BuyDisplay.com displays
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

RA8875 driver board and BuyDisplay.com displays

by KurtE on Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:57 pm

A few times in the past, I have tried to help out some people on the pjrc forums (Teensy)with some of these displays. As I have been involved with several other different display drivers (ILI9341, ST77xx, ILI9488...), So I try to help out on these as well. At one point I purchased a couple of the 5" EastRising displays directly or indirectly from buydisplay.com

I have not had much luck getting these boards to work at all on Teensy 3.6, and so far not at all on T4. One has the 5v to 3.3v conversion and I believe resistive touch, the other does not have the power conversion and I think may have capacative touch with some small other adapter, which I think I lost... I believe this second one I did get to work somewhat on T3.6, although I think it came close to brownout and I believe the T4, it totally had power issues.

So I am trying to decide to either Punt, or maybe order your driver board (https://www.adafruit.com/product/1590).

If I do order one of your driver boards, Is it likely this adapter will work with one of these two displays? Or would I need to order one of yours from someone like Mouser or Digikey? (As don't receive mail at our address... Everything ships to PMB)

Thanks
Kurt

KurtE

Re: RA8875 driver board and BuyDisplay.com displays

by KurtE on Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:50 am

Quick update:

I decided to go both directions.

That is I ordered one of your adapters as well as one of your 4.3" displays from digikey.

In addition, I ordered a new one from buydisplay.com again a 4.3" 800x... displays with capacitive touch...

Will then these all arrive will play with the different libraries.

KurtE

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.